February 8, 2018
Ethereum News and Links
- Sharding research: 1) Delayed state execution, finality and cross-chain operations, 2) Private lookbehind for logs, and 3) Separating proposing and acknowledgment of collations
- Jon Choi’s slides on Casper mercantile models
- Latest Casper standup call
- Grid+ Relay Networks formula v0.1
Stuff for developers
- How to Make Bonding Curves for Continuous Token Models. Github.
- Predicting Random Numbers in Ethereum code
- Parity v1.9.2 bug fixes, restoring token balances and more Ropsten bootnodes
- Truebit Lite is live on Rinkeby using corroboration for the DOGE-ETH bridge. Video demo. Github.
- Conrad Barski is using Solidity formula to incent new music from his favorite band
- Yoichi Hirai won’t help pierce brazen any EIPs that impact sold accounts; his greeting to EIP 867
- Decentralized Derivatives launches with week long BTC/USD agreement on categorical mainnet
- Announcing Aragon Labs for governance RD
- How Giveth’s RewardDAO gives points to prerogative village members.
- Rocketpool update
- Aragon monthly update
- Airswap Token Trader is live
- Colony is now open source
- Maker DAI CDP user stories
- Brave went from 1.2m to 1.4m MAUs in a few days
- FOAM: Spatial Index visible blockchain explorer
- FirstBlood expands from DOTA to PUBG
- Build CDOs but middlemen using Dharma Protocol
Interviews, Podcasts, Videos, Talks
- Loredana Cirstea display on microRaiden
- Yan Michalevsky meetup talk on grave verification
- Christian Reitwiessner on STARKs
- Video of web3 meetup on decentralized exchange featuring RadarRelay, AirSwap, Gnosis, Kyber, Melonport, web3, OmiseGO. And writeup.
- Igor Roman of POA Network talk overpass networks with Giveth
- Gnosis QA with Martin Köppelmann
- Cofound.it’s Blockchain Startup Seed Fund to invest in equity of blockchain startups and then airdrop any successive application tokens to their token holders
- A Guide to Dether’s Reputation System
- Why has the token sale marketplace slowed down? My answers.
- Crypto gets the Forbes treatment. The Richest People in Crypto
- NYTimes on the crypto abounding in Puerto Rico
- The state of decentralized exchanges, Feb 2018
- European Commission picks ConsenSys to assistance launch the EU Blockchain Observatory
- Full video of SEC/CFTC testimony at cabinet hearing. Prepared testimony from SEC Chairman Clayton and CFTC Chairman Giancarlo, though Clayton deviated quite a bit.
Dates of note
From Token Sale Calendar:
- February 15 – RightMesh
- February 16-18 – EthDenver
- Mar 8-10 – Ethereum Community Conference in Paris
Ongoing token sales:
WARNING: list might embody or even expected includes scams and quasi-scams. Do your possess investigate and due industry before putting value at risk.
[I aim for a comparatively extensive list of Ethereum sales, but make
no guaranty as to even either they are legit; as such, we so likewise
warrant zero about either any will furnish a acceptable return. I
have passed the CFA exams, but this is not investment advice.]
If you conclude this newsletter, appreciate ConsenSys
I’m grateful that ConsenSys has brought me on as an worker and given me time to do this newsletter.
Editorial control is 100% me. If you’re unfortunate with editorial decisions, censure me first and last.
Here’s the link: http://www.weekinethereum.com/post/170632316733/february-8-2018
Follow me on Twitter? @evan_van_ness
Sign up to accept the weekly email.
Article source: http://www.weekinethereum.com/