Interest in blockchain is soaring, with a groundswell of activity holding place on the campuses of the world’s tip universities. From new business use cases — such as origination cross-border payments faster, reduce cost and more pure — to uses of blockchain for good, students and imagination globally are rising as vital contributors to the origination of a more strong and profitable blockchain and payments ecosystem.
As one of the most mature companies in the space, Ripple is singly matched to partner with the educational village and assistance lead growth of this ecosystem. That’s why, today, we’re vehement to announce the University Blockchain Research Initiative (UBRI), a partnership with tip universities around the universe to support and accelerate educational research, technical growth and creation in blockchain, cryptocurrency and digital payments.
Ripple has committed over $50 million in funding, theme matter imagination and technical resources to UBRI’s first call of university partners —17 prestigious institutions around the world. These schools will establish their possess investigate topics and priority areas of focus, while also partnering with Ripple to:
- Collaborate on investigate and technical growth that will kindle widespread bargain and creation in blockchain.
- Create new curriculum to accommodate high tyro direct for training about blockchain, cryptocurrency and other FinTech topics.
- Stimulate ideas and dialog among students, faculty, technologists and business leaders on topics of common interest.
The initial UBRI partners paint a extended cross-section of geographies and markets, as well as a abounding mix of educational disciplines.
For example, as the regulatory review continues to develop in the open sector, the Center for Information Technology Policy (CITP) at Princeton University is formulating an UBRI module that will investigate the process impact of cryptocurrencies and blockchain in the U.S. and around the world.
At The University of Pennsylvania, UBRI is ancillary name MBA-MS possibilities each year in a newly determined Wharton-Engineering dual-degree program. This appropriation aims to prioritize students operative on blockchain or cryptocurrency.
As part of UBRI, Ripple is also participating in MIT Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Lab’s new FinTech beginning made up of a scarcely a dozen companies opposite the financial services attention to work with groups of CSAIL’s 116+ researchers on topics like blockchain, cryptocurrencies, cybersecurity and tellurian payments.
In Europe, Delft University of Technology in the Netherlands and the University of Luxembourg are building a new blockchain investigate module inside their Departments of Computer Science and Engineering with the assistance of UBRI.
UBRI’s finish list of partners is as follows:
- Australian National University College of the Law
- CITP at Princeton
- CSAIL at MIT
- Delft University of Technology (Netherlands)
- Fundação Getulio Vargas (Brazil)
- Haas School of Business, University of California, Berkeley
- IIT Bombay
- International Institute of Information Technology, Hyderabad (IIIT-H)
- Korea University
- McCombs School of Business, UT-Austin
- The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- The University of Pennsylvania
- UCL (University College London)
- University of Luxembourg
- University of Nicosia (Cyprus)
- University of Oregon
- University of Waterloo
As the normal fortitude of innovation, universities singly offer an autonomy and strictness that the private zone cannot. They also are obliged for training the workforce of the future, assisting to residence the direct for technological solutions and talent to solve the world’s hardest financial problems.
Now is the ideal time to support investigate and investigate in blockchain, cryptocurrency and digital payments at universities around the world.
For more on UBRI — as we build the module over the entrance year — greatfully revisit Ripple Insights.